You can petition for divorce if your spouse has left you and has been gone for two years having deliberately withdrawn from the marriage and you didn’t want the marriage to end.  Desertion is rarely relied on these days, mainly because ‘two years’ separation with consent’ is more convenient.  I’ve never been involved in a separation case in my career to date….